Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WES 2009 in Orlando

The weather is perfect for WES, Wireless Enterprise Symposium 2009, which is currently on in Orlando.

It's
the world's largest meeting of its kind for BlackBerry users of all "makes and models" - from major enterprises to the individual BB device owner. They've all come to Orlando to compare notes, learn new techniques, and check out the latest developments from RIM.

As a developer of OnTimeRx for BlackBerry, I was very excited about attending at least a part of this symposium, to
connect with lots of other health care vendors in the wireless world and scores of pill-taking BB users... especially since it's being held right in my backyard. Unfortunately, plans changed at the last minute and I was not able to attend the first day. However, I did get out to the Orlando World Center Marriott & Convention Center on Wednesday, May 6th, and met with a couple of representatives from BlackBerryChicks, a relatively new website devoted to women who use BlackBerry devices. I really enjoyed meeting them and sharing ideas for marketing my medication reminder for the BB - especially since I just happen to be a woman developer and a BB-user myself. Guess that officially makes me a "BlackBerryChick", too.

I left a stack of my cards and am hoping that lots of people will go to my website and sign up to be notified when we launch OnTimeRx for BlackBerry. Hopefully, that will happen by the end of the month!!!

...or at least soon, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment