Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tech Solution for Tech Support

"Do you have a video demo for our products and services?" People frequently ask us that question and up until now, I've always had to "just say - No"!

It always felt like it would be too expensive to develop a video, but that was before YouTube exploded onto the scene. I have a webcam on my new HP mini 1000 Netbook now, and have been thinking about giving it a go, but am not sure how to make it look good enough for "prime time". It's important to always make a good first impression - and all that... But "he/she who hesitates..." loses out on a lot of opportunities these days.

Not being a programmer myself is both a good and a bad thing.

It's Good that I don't have my poor old brain overloaded with all that strange code jargon. But it's Bad that I don't know how to do some of this stuff for myself. Even though I'm a dyed-in-the wool "Do-It-Yourselfer", I have to pay others to do my programming and solve some of the problems for me or I have to rely on "the kindness of strangers" to help with Open Source solutions.

One of those stranger- solutions just came to my attention recently, and it's called CamStudio. I haven't installed the application yet; but already I know it's going to be a HUGE help. As a result, this blog piece will be just a bit short on details so I can get started on my latest learning adventure.

This is sure to be quite exciting and hopefully, it will help me eliminate some of the same tech support questions that OnTimeRx customers frequently ask. Guess that's why they call 'em FAQs...

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what's a demo video worth? We'll soon see.
IMHO - PRICELESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment