Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just remember... Easier said than done!

After starting many blogs over the past couple of years, I still have trouble remembering to add content on a timely basis. This is truly odd, when you consider that everything I do is related to time and reminders. I should set a reminder to blog daily or weekly, right? OK, don't mind if I do...

A little background on why this subject is so important to me...
For 18 years I was the Director of Pharmacy Services at a 400-bed skilled care nursing facility in Orlando, FL. It was such a caring place and was so wonderfully managed, the whole experience was delightful and very rewarding. We received a superior-rating every year, and I used to tell people that we had such a long waiting list that I already had my name on the list. That way a bed might be available for me by the time I needed it. (I was only semi-joking.) However, as the years ticked by, the facility changed hands several times and I have since "unsubscribed" from that list.

As a semi-retired pharmacist, I have devoted my second career to helping people stay out of nursing homes and remain independent as long as possible.

Over a decade ago, I started my own company and became the developer of OnTimeRx, a software program that provides reminders for medications and anything else users might need to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment